Friday, September 12, 2008

Greg does ADP

I set up this blog back in 2005 and as you can see I haven't made it very far. Anyways, now as I've embarked on a brief adventure I'd figured I'd give this a go as a means to communicate to the masses (this may be overstating the size of my audience...).



Going back to 2006 or 2007 I noticed that my employer offered the opportunity to undertake a project in the development sector through a program known as ADP. I was fortunate enough to run into someone on the core ADP team in January 2008 at a training event and this chance meeting was a catalyst for converting talk into action. Around six months later I was again fortunate enough to have found a role on an ADP project with the International Red Cross.



I commenced around mid-August at the Geneva headquarters as part of a team of five and I'm now down in Johannesburg at the Southern Africa Zone HQ, ready to head out to the field to meet with some of the people at the coalface of the organisation both here and in a number of the neighbouring countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment